Go Back   Amr Diab World forums (Archive) > ADW Related Discussion > Announcements

Announcements Important news and announcements. Please check it frequently to stay updated.

Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:43 PM   #1
Tantawi
Hands off

Deletion of [unconfirmed] members accounts - Please read.

Hi all,

Note: If you activated your account in ADW forums already by clicking on the activation link you've received in your email inbox when you registered (even if you have 0 posts), or you're an old or regular poster, then this announcement DOESN'T apply to you.

Starting from September 1st, we are implementing a new pruning system for unconfirmed members.

An unconfirmed member is the member who has registered but never confirmed his email address (activated his account).

We will allow a period of 1 month for new registrations to be activated, after that, we will delete such accounts for inactivity.

We've already deleted all unconfirmed members registered before August 1st, thus the total registered members has dropped by 1700+ accounts. The same action will be applied on the first day of every month.

This policy is being applied as we want to maintenance the highest quality standards in this forum, and keeping a real members base is a key element in achieving that, rather than a nice "large and unreal" one.

Thank you,
ADW team.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #2
Tantawi
Hands off

Re: Deletion of [unconfirmed] members accounts - Please read.

The system has been updated, we will send reminders to activate new registerations in intervals of 3, 5, and 8 days. After 10 days of unactivation, the unactivated account will be deleted.

Regards.